Cinematic Strings 2 is a completely redesigned and updated version of the original orchestral strings sample library. Whilst retaining the warm luscious tones produced in the world class Verbrugghen Hall of the Sydney Conservatorium, the new version features a sleek new interface and even smoother legato.
Because Cinematic Strings was created to meet the needs of working composers in today’s film, television and video game industries, our focus has been to maximise both efficiency and authenticity. With this in mind it provides a realistic mockup tool, and an inspiring instrument - which will save you from all the hassle and wasted time spent tweaking parameters, modifying CC data, or applying drastic EQ and reverb effects to emulate the sound you're after.
Have a look at the video walkthrough of the new features, by clicking the image to the above. You can purchase now, receive download links instantly and start making real music today!
Brand New Interface
New Legato Engine
New "Mix" Microphone Position
Compatible with the free Kontakt 5 Player
Cinematic Strings 2.0 is now Kontakt Player 5 compatible, meaning it will work as a standalone product without the need to purchase any additional 3rd party software. We hope this opens Cinematic Strings up to a wider audience and provides the most compatibility across all systems. Kontakt Player 5 is available as a separate free download, from Native Instruments.
Other features and enhancements
- NEW! - Full Ensemble patches; ideal for quick sketching or filling out a track
- Controllable vibrato using a MIDI CC (user selectable)
- 4 dynamic layers for all articulations
- All common articulations sampled: Sustains (with and without vibrato), Tremolo, Trills (half and whole tone), Staccato, Pizzicato (with Bartok Snap)
- Specialised 'Runs' mode for creating realistic fast string runs
- 4 x Round Robin samples for all short notes - essential for realistic repeated notes
- Repacked using Native Instruments lossless compression algorithm to reduce per-sample footprint
- New staccatissimo samples - for when you need that extra bit of nimbleness!
- User-adjustable short note lengths
- Built-in algorithmic reverb, adjustable from main GUI page
- Intelligent controllable vibrato. The system doesn't enable vibrato samples unless you move the controller - this saves resources if you're not using this feature
- Selectable high and low playing positions - controlled via GUI control or velocity sensitive keyswitch